Opening a bank account for your free zone company in the UAE is crucial due to its attractive zero taxation rates, drawing individuals worldwide. businesses across the world benefit from the UAE’s tax advantages, allowing complete ownership of earnings without corporate or income taxes. This makes it advantageous for both foreigners and residents.
However, expert guidance matters throughout the process for your benefit. Experts at Now Consultant can help you with the free zone bank account opening process, don’t worry we are just a call away!
Why Your Free Zone Business Should Have a Bank Account?
A company’s bank account is crucial for various reasons:
1. Expense Tracking:
Separating personal and business accounts facilitates the organization of expenses, preventing complications.
2. Card Payments:
Business bank accounts are necessary to accept credit and debit card payments, especially as the business expands.
A free zone bank account enhances the professional image of the company, particularly when customers prefer cheques.
4. Identity Protection:
Numerous transactions increase the risk of fraud, making a business bank account crucial for identity protection and liability limitation.
5. Partnerships and Privacy:
A separate free zone business bank account is ideal for delegated transactions to protect privacy and efficiently track business transactions.
Benefits & Perks of Free Zone Bank Account
Opening a dedicated bank account for your free zone business comes with numerous benefits:
- Efficient financial transactions within the Free Zone.
- Convenient bill payments and multi-currency transactions.
- Access to diverse banking services.
- Improved cash flow management.
- Reduced risks of carrying large cash amounts.
- Compliance with financial regulations.
- Better access to financial details for making informed decisions.
Types Of Free Zone Bank Accounts You Can Open:
The following are the options for a bank account for your Free Zone company:
- For daily transactions with debit and credit cards, checkbook.
- You can use this account for transferring wages in multiple currencies.
- Higher interest rates than current accounts, with options for variable or fixed rates.
- Available in multiple currencies like USD, Dirhams, Pounds, and Euros.
- Investment accounts offer higher interest rates.
- Limited accessibility to funds for a fixed period.
- Requires an investment contract, with terms ranging from 12 months to 5-10 years, offering potential returns of 3 to 7 percent per year.
Documents Required to Open a Freezone Bank Account
Essential Documents for Bank Account Opening:
- Company Profile, Shareholders’ business profiles
- Six months’ Bank Statement
- Proof of Physical Existence
- The tenancy contract (Ejari or Business Center Office Lease agreement)
- Trade License
- Copy of Valid Passport and relevant documents
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Board Resolution
How to Open a Free Zone Business Bank Account In UAE:
Setting up a business bank account in the UAE free zones is a simple process encompassing the following four key steps.
To initiate the process, the first step is to obtain a company license. Without a valid license, banks will not recognize your business entity, and prevent the ability to open a business bank account in the UAE.
In this step bank will verify from the applicant whether shareholders require a resident visa (some banks may request it as proof of residence).
In the last step, apply along with the required documents after consulting with a bank branch or advisor.
The bank reviews the applications based on the above procedure, conducting due diligence on management, shareholders, and directors. After reviewing the application, a final interview conducted by the bank with the applicant concludes the process, and upon approval, the business bank account is established.
Eligibility Criteria for Freezone Company Bank Account Opening
To open a Free Zone bank account, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Documents must be certified by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Ensure all shareholders are present during paperwork submission.
- Have the consulate certify essential documentation for foreigners..
- Use invoices as proof for specified transactions.
- Obtain a recommendation letter from the client’s local bank.
- Have legal documents and owner’s ID for UAE company formation.
- Maintain a low investment cost for a simplified process.
- The owner must possess a UAE or resident visa.
- Submit a six-month bank statement for both the mother company and a personal account.
Open Your Bank Account With Us!
Opening a free zone company bank account can be complex, involving specific requirements and documentation that vary depending on your chosen free zone and bank. Mistakes in the application or missing documents can lead to delays or even rejection. This is where Now Consultant is a better option to open a Free Zone bank account in UAE.